Come one, come all to the OUSA Cultural Carnival!
Our International committee has outdone themselves with the carnival of the year set to take place on Saturday 30th of July from 10.30am until 1.30pm in the Link next to the Central Library. We’re aiming to promote cultural awareness and raise some funds for the Syrian Refugees who have settled in our dear old Dunedin.
Come along to experience cultural performances, demonstrations, delicious food, a carnival atmosphere, plus we have prizes galore to be won! Fancy munching on some candy floss and popcorn, or a chance to play on the horizontal bungee, giant Jenga, and giant Connect4? We have fun for all ages, so head along and have a blast - all profits will help the Syrian Refugees Red Cross Dunedin Programme.
Visit at least 10 stalls and get your cultural carnival passport stamped to be in to win a $200 travel voucher!
CASH ONLY - BRING CASH
Special thanks to: International Office, Dunedin Multi-Ethnic Council, University of Otago Union, University of Otago Central Library and OUSA of course!
Check out all these amazing Club activities:
Cultural Performances from:
Otago Malaysian Students Association, Sri Lankan Students Association, Indian Students Association, Otago Taiwanese Students Association, African Students Association, Brunei Students Association, Otago Filipino Students Association
Muslim University Students Association
- Selling a food item
Indian Students Association
- Mehndi designing
- Indian Clothing Dress up and Photobooth
- Refreshing Indian Drink
- Masala Popcorn
- Indian Sweets
- Traditional Indian performance
Sri Lankan Students Association
- SLSA Cultural Night tickets
- Sinhalese Language Learning Station
Otago Filipino Students Association
- Play a traditional Filippino game "10/20"
- Photo opportunities with traditional Filipino costumes
- Selling OFSA cultural night tickets
Otago Singapore Club
- Selling Egg Tarts and other snacks
Otago Malaysian Students Association
- Traditional Malaysian Performance
- Traditional Malaysian desserts
- Traditional Malaysian games
- Selling Malam Malaysia tickets
Brunei Students Association
- How to wear a head scarf
- Selling snacks
- Play traditional Bruneian game 'congkak'
Indonesia Community Association
- Indonesian Snacks
- Indonesian souvenirs
- Information about Indonesia
Otago University Taiwanese Students Association
- Selling traditional Taiwanese Folk toys
- Bamboo dance
Otago University Thailand Students Association
- How to write your name in Thai
- Learning Thai boxing
- Chicken Satay
African Students Association
- Selling Snacks
- Horizontal Bungee Run: $5 for 2 people, 5 minutes
- Cotton Candy: $2 per small bag
- Popcorn: $2 per small bag
- Giant Jenga: $1 per play
- Giant Connect4: $1 per play