The OUSA Event's department runs two International Food Festivals every year during the weeks of Orientation in February and ReOrientation in July. The Dunedin International Food Festival is always a great chance to mingle with the wider Dunedin public enjoying a veritable melting pot of cuisines cooked up by a select few local food vendors and the talented cultural clubs on campus!
The next International Food Festival is running between 5.30-8.30pm on Saturday, 15 July 2017 in the Union Courtyard as part of ReOrientation.
ReOrientation Food Festival Menu
Otago University Thailand Students Association (OUTHSA)
• Sea food noodle salad
• Spicy grilled beef salad with sticky rice
• lemongrass tea
• steamed buttered corn
Otago Singapore Club (OSC)
• Chicken Rice: One of Singapore’s most iconic dishes. Poached chicken served on a bed of fragrant chicken rice and a side of garlic chilli (upon request)
• Bak Kwa: Sheets of salty-sweet pork jerky grilled to perfection.
• Bandung: A delightfully sweet, refreshing drink made with rose syrup and evaporated milk.
Otago Malaysian Students Association (OMSA)
• Beef Rendang and Blue Rice: Spicy meat dish cooked with aromatic spices and rich coconut milk, served with traditional blue-coloured rice.
• Bubur ChaCha: Sweet and hot dessert soup served with chunks of sweet potatoes, taro, pumpkin and sago pearls.
• Sirap Lychee: Refreshing drink flavoured with rose syrup and lychees.
Otago University Fiji Club
• BBQ lamb chops and sausage with cassava and vegetable salad
• Dhal (lentils) with rice and tomato chutney
• Payasam (sweet drink)
Brunei Students Association (BSA)
• Ayam masak kicap + nasi minyak
• Teh tarik
• Pisang babujah
Otago University Taiwan Students Association
• Taiwanese popcorn chicken
• Green onion pancake
• Purl milk tea (original/taro)
Otago University Filipino Club
• Two pork BBQ + rice
• Chicken noodle soup
Otago University Chinese Students Association
• Fried dumplings
• Spring rolls
• Egg tarts
Sri Lankan Students Association
• Kothu Roti with Chicken Curry
• Kothu Roti with Potato Curry
• Kothu Roti with Chicken and Potato Curry
• Biscuit Pudding
Muslim University Students Association
• Meatball curry and rice
Indonesian Community Association
• Chicken Skewers
• Mi goreng
• Wedang jahe
Indian Students Association
• Non - veg option
• Vegetarian option
• Mango Lassi
Otago University Omani Students Association
• Lamb wrap
• Chicken wrap
Otago Korean Students Association
• Fried Dumpling
• Rice Cake Skewer