Work at OUSA
Sales Account Manager
Planet Media is a one-stop shop offering a range of media opportunities for advertisers to reach Dunedin’s 28,000 students, with tailored, results-driven campaigns.
Based at Otago University, Planet Media’s core service units are Radio One and Critical Publications which produce Radio One shows, Critic magazine as well as a range of other print, postering, web, social media and sponsorship products.
The successful candidate will be able to meet or exceed all advertising sales targets for PMDL products for Radio One 91FM, Critic Magazine and other publications, the one day sale product, and Planet Media’s various websites and social media platforms. Part of the role consists of selling advertising and sponsorship opportunities for OUSA (Otago University Students’ Association) Events department for events such as Orientation.
At Planet Media a total service mentality exists where clients receive exceptional administration servicing of all sales and sponsorship agreements.
The successful candidate will have the ability to create new clients by developing new networks, reinvigorating relationships with ex-clients and supporting promotional tactics of Radio One and Critical Publications. They will be able to explain products comprehensively and accurately to clients so good communication skills are important.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• An ability to build and maintain credible and productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation, negotiating and sales skills
• An ability to manage self, resources and workload to meet timelines, even under pressure
Desired qualifications and experience are:
• Tertiary level qualification preferred but experience is also recognised
• At least two years experience in advertising sales meeting targets preferred
• Intermediate expertise in MS Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Relevant networks
• High standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity
Applications close 5pm, 19 June 2013
Please send full CV and cover letter to:
or post to:
PO Box 1436
OUSA Recreation Centre - Student Receptionist Vacancy - Part-time, Fixed Term
This position involves working two shifts per week on reception at the OUSA Recreation Centre, formerly the OUSA Clubs & Societies Centre.
We are seeking a student who has some reception, retail, or other customer service experience, cash handling skills and who is happy to do some cleaning too. If you are outgoing, love working with people and can keep calm under pressure, and don’t mind a little cleaning, then you may be just who we are looking for! A current first aid certificate is required.
Applications close on Thursday 20th June. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com and should include the completed application form, a curriculum vitae, and a cover letter / email. Alternatively applications may be posted to reach OUSA by Thursday 20th June: OUSA, PO Box 1436, Dunedin 9054 (Recreation Student Receptionist Application)
30 – 40 hours
The OUSA provides a diverse range of services to its 20,000 student members at the University of Otago. An autonomous body with registered charity status and independence from the University, OUSA offers activities and support to students including:
• A confidential support and welfare advice service, representation and advocacy
• Numerous recreation clubs and societies and the facilities to support these
• A varied events programme
• A student radio station (Radio One)
• An award-winning student magazine (Critic).
Working alongside the other Accounts Administrator, this role has responsibility:
• To keep OUSA accounts to a high standard of accuracy and to provide managers with timely financial information and accounts processing
• To process accounts payable and receivable, cash register reconciliations, bank reconciliations, financial reporting, payroll preparation, GST returns and general accounting duties as required (using Quickbooks)
• To provide coaching and advice to departmental managers on financial issues and budget management
• To support the GM in the provision of financial information to enable informed business decisions
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the capacity to:
• Perform the role responsibilities or the ability to quickly develop capacity to perform;
• Develop relationships in students’ association and university working environments;
• Manage workloads to meet timeframes, including under pressure
• Display the Personal Attributes/Key Competencies; and
• Demonstrate the Qualifications and Experience required.
There are two Accounts Administrators who work together at the OUSA. The role is scoped at 30 – 40 hours as there are peaks where more time is needed in the role which might suit people with other commitments such as study or child care.
Please send your CV and covering letter to OUSA Association Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 4pm on Monday 1 July 2013