Executive Meeting Minutes

Meeting Archive

26th June 2017
19th June 2017
3rd June 2017
29th May 2017
22nd May 2017
15th May 2017
12th May 2017
10th May 2017
8th May 2017
1st May 2017
24th April 2017
10th April 2017
3rd April 2017
27th March 2017
20th March 2017
13th March 2017
9 February 2017
8th November 2016
17th October 2016
7th October 2016
3rd October 2016
19th September 2016
12th September 2016
5th September 2016
22nd August 2016
8th August 2016
29th July 2016
22nd July 2016
15th July 2016
1st July 2016
13th June 2016
2nd June 2016
23rd May 2016
9th May 2016
21st April 2016
15th April 2016
11th April 2016
7th April 2016
4th April 2016
31st March 2016
29th February 2016
4th February 2016
15th December 2015
8th December 2015
30th November 2015
16th November 2015
10 November 2015
4 November 2015
2 November 2015
27 October 2015
20th October 2015
9th October 2015 - Emergency Meeting
5th October 2015
14th September 2015
7th September 2015
31st August 2015
17th August 2015
13th August 2015
10th August 2015
3rd August 2015
27th July 2015
20th July 2015
7th July 2015
2nd June 2015
25th May 2015
18th May 2015
4th May 2015
29 April 2015
8th April 2015
30th March 2015
25th March 2015
16th March 2015
2nd March 2015
11th February 2015
4th December 2014
27th November 2014
11th November 2014
5th November 2014
21st October 2014
18th September 2014
11th September 2014
3th September 2014 Emergency Meeting
4th September 2014
2nd September 2014
19th August 2014
12th August 2014
29th July 2014
27th July 2014 Emergency Meeting
19th July 2014 Emergency Meeting
10th June 2014
15th May 2014 Emergency Meeting
13th May 2014
29th April 2014
15th April 2014
1 April 2014
20th March 2014 Emergency Meeting
18th March 2014
3rd March 2014
18th February 2014
4th February 2014
10th December 2013
27th November 2013 Emergency Meeting
20th November 2013
18th November 2013
4th November 2013
22nd October 2013
8th October 2013
23rd September 2013
10th September 2013
3rd September 2013
13th August 2013
30th July 2013
19th July 2013
16th July 2013
9th July 2013
7th June 2013 Emergency Meeting
4th June 2013
21st May 2013
13th May 2013 Emergency Meeting
7th May 2013
23rd April 2013
9th April 2013
21st November 2012 Standing Committee
14th March 2013 Emergency Meeting
12th March 2013
5th March 2013
26th February 2013
14th February 2013
5th February 2013
18th December 2012
28th February 2012 (Standing Committee)
9th October 2012
25th September 2012
18th September 2012
6th September 2012 (Emergency Meeting)
4th September 2012
7th August 2012
24th July 2012
10th July 2012
19th June 2012
5th June 2012
1st May 2012
17th April 2012
28th March 2012
18th March 2012 EM
13th March 2012
6th March 2012
1st March 2012
28th February 2012
17th February 2012 EM
14th February 2012
7th February 2012
24th January 2012
13th December 2011
5th December 2011
29th November 2011
15th November 2011
20th September 2011
26th September 2011
13th September 2011
23rd August 2011
16th August 2011
9th August 2011
2nd August 2011
19th July 2011
21st July 2011
5th July 2011
17th May 2011
12th April 2011
19th April 2011
21st June 2011
18th July 2011
28th June 2011
13th July 2011
14th June 2011
31st May 2011
12th May 2011
6th May 2011 EM
5th May 2011
22nd March 2011
15th Feb 2011
8th March 2011
September 28th 2010
September 22nd 2010
September 14th 2010
September 7th 2010
August 24th 2010
August 17th 2010
August 10th 2010
August 3rd 2010
July 29th 2010
July 23rd 2010
July 20 2010
July 13 2010
July 7th 2010
July 5th 2010
June 29th 2010
June 8th 2010
May 28 2010
May 07 2010
April 27 2010
13th April 2010
March 23 2010
March 16 2010
March 09 2010
March 02 2010
February 16 2010
January 19th 2010
January 12th 2010
December 18 2009
November 25 2009
November 10 2009
September 15 2009
September 29 2009

5th September 2016

MINUTES OF THE OUSA EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD IN THE OUSA CLUBS AND SOCIETIES CENTRE BUILDING, ALBANY STREET, DUNEDIN ON MONDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2016 AT 4.32PM


PRESENT

Laura Harris (Chair), Jesse Hall, Alexia Cochrane, Bryn Jenkins, Rachel Goh, Bayden Harris and Mariana Te Pou

IN ATTENDANCE

Debbie Downs (Chief Executive Officer), Guy Howard-Smith (Mural painter), Donna Jones (Minute Secretary), Hugh Baird (Critic Editor) and Joel McManus (Critic Reporter)

APOLOGIES

Jarred Griffiths, William Guy and Sean Gamble

Jessie Hall for leaving early

Bayden Harris and Mariana Te Pou for lateness

Moved from the Chair

280/16 THAT the above apologies be accepted.

CARRIED U

SPEAKING RIGHTS

Moved from the Chair

281/16 THAT Debbie Downs, Donna Jones, Guy Howard-Smith, Hugh Baird and Joel McManus be granted speaking rights for the duration of this meeting.

CARRIED U

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

Moved from the Chair

282/16 THAT the minutes of the Executive meeting held on 22 August 2016 be accepted as a true and correct record.

CARRIED U

MURAL PROPOSAL

Guy Howard-Smith was invited to address the meeting and talk to his proposal attached.  Guy has recently been given permission to paint a mural on the side wall of 74 Albany Street, adjacent from the University Library. He would like to paint something to paint a message with an ecological message that may encourage students to take a positive ownership of their environment.

He has applied for funding through Creative Communities for this project and has secured $5,000 but would like to obtain support from OUSA.

He suggested he could set up a tent during orientation near the site to encourage good environmental issues among students.

Keep Dunedin Beautiful committee are also thrilled with this idea and happy to support it.

The deadline for Guy to finalise this proposal is 13 September so would like a response from OUSA as soon as possible please.

Laura thanked Guy for coming and said the executive supported his proposal in principle but if this was next year it wouldn’t be this executive’s decision for the funding.  Guy offered to start it in December if this would help.

Laura will write an email of support to Guy and make a recommendation that next years’ executive support this good idea.

PRESIDENTS REPORTS

As distributed. 

Goh/Jenkins

283/16 THAT the President’s July and August reports be received.

CARRIED

BLUES AND GOLDS MINUTES AND WINNERS

As attached but Winners results embargoed.

Harris/Goh

284/16 THAT the meeting move into Committee of the Whole for reasons of personal privacy at 4.46pm

CARRIED

Harris/Goh

285/16 THAT the meeting move out of Committee of the Whole at 4.50pm

CARRIED

Cochrane/Goh

286/16 THAT the minutes of the Blues and Golds meeting held on 29 August 2016 be received and the recommendations be approved.

CARRIED

Jesse left at 4.50pm

WELFARE COMMITTEE MINUTES

Bryn was asked how the working group with Student Health about flu jabs was going.


 


Goh/Cochrane

287/16 THAT the minutes of the Welfare Committee meetings held on 12 April 2016 and 24 May 2016 be received.

CARRIED

REFERENDUM/SGM DATE FOR SECOND SEMESTER

The Secretary pointed out that we need to hold a second referendum or a student meeting to set the levy and the budget for the forthcoming year.

It was up to the executive to choose which way to put this to the student body however, the companies office does state we need to hold an Annual General Meeting each year.

The 2017 budget will be submitted to the executive at the next meeting.

The Secretary will email the executive to see if they desire a meeting or a referenda as there isn’t a full team here at the meeting.

GENERAL BUSINESS

Elections – the Secretary notified the meeting Kyla Mullen has been appointed as the returning officer for this election and Paul Roth was asked at the beginning of the year if he would be available for the entire year.  He will be out of the country for some of the time but contactable via email.

Please ensure you don’t endorse candidates during the elections.  If you are in doubt of any elections rules please contact the Returning Officer for clarification.

Chaplaincy Board – the Board wanted to express their gratitude to OUSA for the flowers sent to the funeral of an overseas student who died suddenly.

Next meeting – owing to urgent items being deferred another meeting is scheduled for Monday 12 September at 4.30pm in Room 3.


            Meeting closed at 5.09pm