Executive Meeting Minutes

Meeting Archive

26th June 2017
19th June 2017
3rd June 2017
29th May 2017
22nd May 2017
15th May 2017
12th May 2017
10th May 2017
8th May 2017
1st May 2017
24th April 2017
10th April 2017
3rd April 2017
27th March 2017
20th March 2017
13th March 2017
9 February 2017
8th November 2016
17th October 2016
7th October 2016
3rd October 2016
19th September 2016
12th September 2016
5th September 2016
22nd August 2016
8th August 2016
29th July 2016
22nd July 2016
15th July 2016
1st July 2016
13th June 2016
2nd June 2016
23rd May 2016
9th May 2016
21st April 2016
15th April 2016
11th April 2016
7th April 2016
4th April 2016
31st March 2016
29th February 2016
4th February 2016
15th December 2015
8th December 2015
30th November 2015
16th November 2015
10 November 2015
4 November 2015
2 November 2015
27 October 2015
20th October 2015
9th October 2015 - Emergency Meeting
5th October 2015
14th September 2015
7th September 2015
31st August 2015
17th August 2015
13th August 2015
10th August 2015
3rd August 2015
27th July 2015
20th July 2015
7th July 2015
2nd June 2015
25th May 2015
18th May 2015
4th May 2015
29 April 2015
8th April 2015
30th March 2015
25th March 2015
16th March 2015
2nd March 2015
11th February 2015
4th December 2014
27th November 2014
11th November 2014
5th November 2014
21st October 2014
18th September 2014
11th September 2014
3th September 2014 Emergency Meeting
4th September 2014
2nd September 2014
19th August 2014
12th August 2014
29th July 2014
27th July 2014 Emergency Meeting
19th July 2014 Emergency Meeting
10th June 2014
15th May 2014 Emergency Meeting
13th May 2014
29th April 2014
15th April 2014
1 April 2014
20th March 2014 Emergency Meeting
18th March 2014
3rd March 2014
18th February 2014
4th February 2014
10th December 2013
27th November 2013 Emergency Meeting
20th November 2013
18th November 2013
4th November 2013
22nd October 2013
8th October 2013
23rd September 2013
10th September 2013
3rd September 2013
13th August 2013
30th July 2013
19th July 2013
16th July 2013
9th July 2013
7th June 2013 Emergency Meeting
4th June 2013
21st May 2013
13th May 2013 Emergency Meeting
7th May 2013
23rd April 2013
9th April 2013
21st November 2012 Standing Committee
14th March 2013 Emergency Meeting
12th March 2013
5th March 2013
26th February 2013
14th February 2013
5th February 2013
18th December 2012
28th February 2012 (Standing Committee)
9th October 2012
25th September 2012
18th September 2012
6th September 2012 (Emergency Meeting)
4th September 2012
7th August 2012
24th July 2012
10th July 2012
19th June 2012
5th June 2012
1st May 2012
17th April 2012
28th March 2012
18th March 2012 EM
13th March 2012
6th March 2012
1st March 2012
28th February 2012
17th February 2012 EM
14th February 2012
7th February 2012
24th January 2012
13th December 2011
5th December 2011
29th November 2011
15th November 2011
20th September 2011
26th September 2011
13th September 2011
23rd August 2011
16th August 2011
9th August 2011
2nd August 2011
19th July 2011
21st July 2011
5th July 2011
17th May 2011
12th April 2011
19th April 2011
21st June 2011
18th July 2011
28th June 2011
13th July 2011
14th June 2011
31st May 2011
12th May 2011
6th May 2011 EM
5th May 2011
22nd March 2011
15th Feb 2011
8th March 2011
September 28th 2010
September 22nd 2010
September 14th 2010
September 7th 2010
August 24th 2010
August 17th 2010
August 10th 2010
August 3rd 2010
July 29th 2010
July 23rd 2010
July 20 2010
July 13 2010
July 7th 2010
July 5th 2010
June 29th 2010
June 8th 2010
May 28 2010
May 07 2010
April 27 2010
13th April 2010
March 23 2010
March 16 2010
March 09 2010
March 02 2010
February 16 2010
January 19th 2010
January 12th 2010
December 18 2009
November 25 2009
November 10 2009
September 15 2009
September 29 2009

15th May 2017

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON 15 MAY 2017 AT 4.07PM HELD IN THE CLUBS AND SOCIETIES CENTRE, ALBANY STREET, DUNEDIN

PRESENT
Hugh Baird (Chair), William Guy, Lucy Northwood, Eli Toeke, Cody Kirby, Eden Iati, Max Chan, Caitlin Barlow-Groome, James Heath, Bryn Jenkins and Danielle Pope
IN ATTENDANCE
Debbie Downs (Chief Executive Officer), Katrina McLennan (Communications & Marketing Manager), Joe Higham (Critic Executive Editor), Donna Jones (Minute Secretary) and Jason Schroeder
APOLOGIES
Danielle Pope for lateness and Max Chan for leaving early
Moved from the Chair
202/17 THAT the above apologies be accepted.
CARRIED U
SPEAKING RIGHTS
Moved from the Chair
203/17 THAT Debbie Downs, Katrina McLennan, Joe Higham, Jason Schroeder and Donna Jones be granted speaking rights for the duration of this meeting.
CARRIED U
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
Moved from the Chair
204/17 THAT the minutes of the executive meeting held on 8 May 2017 be accepted as a true and correct record.
CARRIED U
Moved from the Chair
205/17 THAT the minutes of the Emergency executive meeting held on 10 May 2017 be accepted as a true and correct record.
CARRIED U
Moved from the Chair
206/17 THAT the minutes of the Emergency executive meeting held on 12 May 2017 be accepted as a true and correct record.
CARRIED U


MATTERS ARISING
NZUSA – There will be extra funding for Thursdays in Black campaigns, however the final budget hasn’t been finalised yet. ACC are coming on board with some funding.
Moved from the Chair
207/17 THAT the meeting move into committee of the whole for reasons of commercial sensitivity at 4.10pm.
CARRIED U
Moved from the Chair
208/17 THAT the meeting move out of committee of the whole at 4.27pm.
CARRIED U
MEETING THE NEW EVENTS MANAGER
Jason Schroeder introduced himself to the meeting and then the meeting introduced themselves around the table.
Jason said his intentions were to make Events more sustainable and would have more dialogue with the Executive about the types of Events they recommend students would like and he is keen to help with Executive initiatives. He welcomes ideas and regular communication.
Jason left at 4.32pm
It was agreed that the order of the agenda could be altered.
OUSA BIBLE ELOHIM ACADEMY
The Recreation Manager said there had been concerns raised via media outlets in regard to their behaviour on campus. This was primarily about how they were approaching people to recruit them.
When they first affiliated the Academy they didn’t mention they were affiliated to the World Mission Society of God Church in Roslyn. Hence they now need to amend their constitution and resubmit to OUSA.
The group asked for a meeting with the Recreation Manager and the Clubs Development Officer asking they watch a video about the Academy prior to the meeting.
The Academy indicated they were happy to work with OUSA.
Caitlin will keep the executive updated.
Katrina left at 4.40pm
HEALTH AND SAFETY
No incidents to report. Debbie reported she updated her first aid certificate last week.
Danielle arrived at 4.43pm

REFERENDUM QUESTIONS AND PROS AND CONS
As attached the final questions, explanatory notes and pros and cons have been through a stringent process with consultation.
It was noted there are now 11 questions with the inclusion of the CCTV question (198/17).
It was asked if NZUSA had a stance on the CCTV monitoring on a national level.
Hugh will bring it up when he attends the NZUSA meeting next week in Wellington.
Hugh will ensure Stephen Willis the University Chief Operating Officer receives a copy of the pros and cons for the CCTV question as discussed.
Moved from the Chair
209/17 THAT the Referendum questions explanatory notes and pros and cons be received and be made available to the student media and the student body during voting with consultation with the university on the question: - Should OUSA oppose the implementation of CCTV monitoring of the student residential area by the University of Otago?
CARRIED U
GRANTS MEETING MINUTES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Barlow-Groome/Heath
210/17 THAT the minutes of the Grants panel meeting held on 5 May 2017 be received and the recommendations be approved.
CARRIED
APPOINTMENT TO THE SUB COMMITTEE
Iati/Guy
211/17 THAT Hannah Ballantyne be appointed to the Elections sub-committee for 2017.
CARRIED
FESTIVAL FOR THE FUTURE
The Festival being held in Auckland 4-7 August is a chance to connect with innovators and influencers from across the nation, explore the big issues of our time, build skills, share ideas, and hear from inspiring people doing remarkable things to make the world a better place.
Danielle is asking if two students could go from Otago and come back with a report.
It was suggested they may be eligible to apply through the special grants process.
It was suggested a full proposal be brought to the next executive meeting.
William left at 4.57pm
STUDY SPACES
There will be a 24 hour space available at St David’s. They will make microwaves available and access to hot water.
The Link will be open up until 2am. But not sure of exact areas yet.
The Clubs and Societies Centre building won’t be used this year.
The university libraries aren’t able to open any longer during exams.
It was asked if our Campaigns Officer could assist with getting this project please.
ARTIFICIAL FOOTBALL TURF
Moved from the Chair
212/17 THAT the meeting move into committee of the whole for reasons of commercial sensitivity at 5.01pm
CARRIED U
Moved from the Chair
213/17 THAT the meeting move out of committee of the whole at 5.03pm.
CARRIED U
GENERAL BUSINESS
Te Reo classes – 113 students attended the last class.
Te Roopu Maori/OUSA Exec bonding evening – reminder this is next Wednesday evening at the TRM Whare, Castle Street.
Te Roopu Maori Tumuaki honorarium – it was asked if the acting Tumuaki could be paid a percentage for his work at the beginning of this year. Advice being sought.

Meeting closed 5.06pm