Executive Meeting Minutes

Meeting Archive

26th June 2017
19th June 2017
3rd June 2017
29th May 2017
22nd May 2017
15th May 2017
12th May 2017
10th May 2017
8th May 2017
1st May 2017
24th April 2017
10th April 2017
3rd April 2017
27th March 2017
20th March 2017
13th March 2017
9 February 2017
8th November 2016
17th October 2016
7th October 2016
3rd October 2016
19th September 2016
12th September 2016
5th September 2016
22nd August 2016
8th August 2016
29th July 2016
22nd July 2016
15th July 2016
1st July 2016
13th June 2016
2nd June 2016
23rd May 2016
9th May 2016
21st April 2016
15th April 2016
11th April 2016
7th April 2016
4th April 2016
31st March 2016
29th February 2016
4th February 2016
15th December 2015
8th December 2015
30th November 2015
16th November 2015
10 November 2015
4 November 2015
2 November 2015
27 October 2015
20th October 2015
9th October 2015 - Emergency Meeting
5th October 2015
14th September 2015
7th September 2015
31st August 2015
17th August 2015
13th August 2015
10th August 2015
3rd August 2015
27th July 2015
20th July 2015
7th July 2015
2nd June 2015
25th May 2015
18th May 2015
4th May 2015
29 April 2015
8th April 2015
30th March 2015
25th March 2015
16th March 2015
2nd March 2015
11th February 2015
4th December 2014
27th November 2014
11th November 2014
5th November 2014
21st October 2014
18th September 2014
11th September 2014
3th September 2014 Emergency Meeting
4th September 2014
2nd September 2014
19th August 2014
12th August 2014
29th July 2014
27th July 2014 Emergency Meeting
19th July 2014 Emergency Meeting
10th June 2014
15th May 2014 Emergency Meeting
13th May 2014
29th April 2014
15th April 2014
1 April 2014
20th March 2014 Emergency Meeting
18th March 2014
3rd March 2014
18th February 2014
4th February 2014
10th December 2013
27th November 2013 Emergency Meeting
20th November 2013
18th November 2013
4th November 2013
22nd October 2013
8th October 2013
23rd September 2013
10th September 2013
3rd September 2013
13th August 2013
30th July 2013
19th July 2013
16th July 2013
9th July 2013
7th June 2013 Emergency Meeting
4th June 2013
21st May 2013
13th May 2013 Emergency Meeting
7th May 2013
23rd April 2013
9th April 2013
21st November 2012 Standing Committee
14th March 2013 Emergency Meeting
12th March 2013
5th March 2013
26th February 2013
14th February 2013
5th February 2013
18th December 2012
28th February 2012 (Standing Committee)
9th October 2012
25th September 2012
18th September 2012
6th September 2012 (Emergency Meeting)
4th September 2012
7th August 2012
24th July 2012
10th July 2012
19th June 2012
5th June 2012
1st May 2012
17th April 2012
28th March 2012
18th March 2012 EM
13th March 2012
6th March 2012
1st March 2012
28th February 2012
17th February 2012 EM
14th February 2012
7th February 2012
24th January 2012
13th December 2011
5th December 2011
29th November 2011
15th November 2011
20th September 2011
26th September 2011
13th September 2011
23rd August 2011
16th August 2011
9th August 2011
2nd August 2011
19th July 2011
21st July 2011
5th July 2011
17th May 2011
12th April 2011
19th April 2011
21st June 2011
18th July 2011
28th June 2011
13th July 2011
14th June 2011
31st May 2011
12th May 2011
6th May 2011 EM
5th May 2011
22nd March 2011
15th Feb 2011
8th March 2011
September 28th 2010
September 22nd 2010
September 14th 2010
September 7th 2010
August 24th 2010
August 17th 2010
August 10th 2010
August 3rd 2010
July 29th 2010
July 23rd 2010
July 20 2010
July 13 2010
July 7th 2010
July 5th 2010
June 29th 2010
June 8th 2010
May 28 2010
May 07 2010
April 27 2010
13th April 2010
March 23 2010
March 16 2010
March 09 2010
March 02 2010
February 16 2010
January 19th 2010
January 12th 2010
December 18 2009
November 25 2009
November 10 2009
September 15 2009
September 29 2009

22nd May 2017

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 22 MAY 2017 AT 4.07PM HELD IN THE CLUBS AND SOCIETIES CENTRE, ALBANY STREET, DUNEDIN

PRESENT
William Guy (Chair), Lucy Northwood, Eli Toeke, Cody Kirby, Eden Iati, Max Chan, Caitlin Barlow-Groome, James Heath, Bryn Jenkins, Danielle Pope
IN ATTENDANCE
Debbie Downs (Chief Executive Officer), Donna Jones (Minute Secretary), Daniel Porter (Unipol Recreation Manager) and Joe Higham (Critic Executive Editor)
APOLOGIES
Hugh Baird
Moved from the Chair
214/17 THAT the above apology be accepted.
CARRIED U
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Debbie said there was a staff member who hurt their shoulder carrying equipment.
The health and safety plans will be upgraded in that area.
The staff member will be supported though their rehabilitation.
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
Moved from the Chair
215/17 THAT the minutes from the executive meeting held on 15 May 2017 be accepted as a true and correct record.
CARRIED U
MATTERS ARISING
NZUSA – have they sent a budget through yet please? Hugh and William will chase this up when they meet with them in Wellington this week.
SPEAKING RIGHTS
Moved from the Chair
216/17 THAT Debbie Downs, Donna Jones, Daniel Porter and Joe Higham be granted speaking rights for the duration of this meeting.
CARRIED U
LOGAN PARK TURF
Daniel Porter was invited to address the meeting. He is meeting with the DCC on Friday to find out what green spaces will be available for students as Logan Park is well used by students for the annual sports day and other events as well as being used casually by many sports teams.
There is a proposal for a Dunedin multi-sport all-weather facility, initially consisting of two artificial pitches for the Logan Park sports area. It will have a hugely positive impact on Football and other sports in New Zealand's southernmost city and the wider Football South region. It will allow sports to play football year round and not be impacted by weather or ground availability.
FIFA Football are financially supporting this project with $450,000 being given.
Murray Brass has sent submissions on behalf of the University.
Dan expressed concerns about the lack of green sports grounds being available to students and the general public. He has been told it will cost $70 per hour to book the new turf. He would appreciate OUSA’s support and will keep us in the loop going forward.
HONORARIUM WORKING PARTY
As emailed. It has been agreed there needs to be a revision of honorarium payments and executive reporting.
It was emphasised that this working party must liaise with the current executive while working on this and if necessary invite them to a meeting.
Things to be considered -
• The structure of the reports
• Honorarium levels
• How we assess pay and work done
• Obligations on the executive starting work in Dunedin on 1 January of their year of office
A group of 8 to be appointed. The executive are to suggest three external people before the next meeting and then a full appointment process can be finalised.
Other associations will be consulted for comparisons.
Moved from the Chair
217/17 THAT Hugh Baird, William Guy, Bryn Jenkins, and Caitlin Barlow-Groome be appointed to the Honorarium Working Party.
CARRIED U
There are a few amendments being suggested to the terms of reference. They will be finalised next week.
SENATE APPOINTMENTS
Moved from the Chair
218/17 THAT Eli Toeke, Hugh Baird, Bryn Jenkins and Lucy Northwood be appointed to Senate for 2017.
CARRIED U

COLLEGES COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
Heath/Barlow-Groome
219/17 THAT Hugo Fletcher, Pippa Jerard, Adam Harrington, Riku Koyama, Albert Fairbrother, Hannah Mason, Xavier Cyril, Harry Dale-Emberton, Meg Goodman, Amber Midgelow-Marsden, Taylor Terekia, Finn Shewell and Kiri Lenagh-Glue be appointed to the OUSA Colleges Committee for 2017
CARRIED
To note: the next Colleges committee meeting will be Wednesday – any agenda items please get them to James ASAP.
WELFARE COMMITTEE (WelCom) MINUTES
Danielle will be requesting help when she is delivering the free sanitary items to reception areas and suitable places around campus. She will let you know.
Angel shot – Bars and places around the world are learning a secret code ‘angel shot’ that give people a way of discreetly asking for help if they feel threatened or feel unsafe on a date. Further discussions will be held at Welfare Committee about this.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Pope/Jenkins
220/17 THAT the minutes of the welfare committee meeting held on 2 May 2017 be received.
CARRIED
Pope/Northwood
221/17 THAT the report from the Sciences Divisional Boards held on 10 April 2017 and 15 May 2017 be received.
CARRIED
Pope/Northwood
222/17 THAT the report from the Standing Committee meetings held on 31 March 2017 and 5 May 2017 be received.
CARRIED
MASTERS RESEARCH WORKING PARTY
As attached. This is for noting to keep the executive informed on this working party for the Review of Masters’ Research Programmes. This includes an undertaking to explore resourcing, equity and quality matters. This enhancement has been endorsed and affirmed in the audit panel report.
Input into the review will also be sought from Planning and Funding, Financial Services and employers. Any questions to Lucy.

FORSYTH BARR INVESTMENT AUTHORISATION SIGNATORIES
Each year with the change of executive members we need to ensure the old signatories are signed off and the new signed on. The Secretary will get actual signatures on the forms and ensure a copy of these motions are included.
Moved from the Chair
223/17 THAT Paul Hunt and Jesse Hall be removed as signatories from the OUSA existing Forsyth Barr Investment Accounts.
CARRIED U
Moved from the Chair
224/17 THAT Hugh Baird and Cody Kirby be signatories on the OUSA Forsyth Barr existing Investment Accounts.
CARRIED U
Suzanne Kinnaird is now the Professional Adviser for OUSA replacing Phillip Trounson who has left.
STRATEGIC PLAN
Debbie addressed the meeting emphasising how important it is going forward to have a strategic plan, especially for budgeting. It is an important guiding document to help the Executive and the Association to look forward and not back.
It is also very important for the Governors to be involved so please let the Secretary know the times you can meet with Deloitte next week. Complete the doodle poll ASAP then after the Executive have met with them the Managers will have their meeting the following week.
GENERAL BUSINESS
Supervisor of the Year Awards – nominations are opening soon for this.
Returning Officer – The Secretary notified the meeting Bokyong Mun has been appointed to this role for the referendum coming up.
Submission to Select Committee – Sage Burke (Student Support Centre Manager) sent a memorandum explaining to the Executive the SSC are writing a submission for provision for domestic violence leave be extended to students and they can continue to receive their income from Studylink. Also he is requesting in the Bill that students be explicitly included under domestic violence legislation.
The Executive agreed this was an excellent idea. NZUSA will be contacted to see if they are doing anything towards this.
Polling during Referenda – the executive agreed on roving the two Ipads to attract more voters. The tablets can also be used.
It was stressed how important some of the questions are this time around. The CCTV question is of national significance. Some executive members want to really push for a good turnout. It was agreed 4000 get out and vote business cards would be designed and the team to get out there and post in letterboxes and on tables around the University. Could some executive do some lecture bashing as long as we don’t interrupt lectures? We will ask Hugh to compile a message of what to say and post in on the executive combined Facebook page.
Colleges and all clubs and societies to be notified to vote. Yay or Nay to CCTV and also vote and win an Iphone!
All to wear their OUSA Tees and William will set up a roster for all to be involved.
It would be very helpful if volunteers could be found as this needs a lot of work for us to push for the biggest voter turnout yet!

Meeting closed at 5.20pm